Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Funniest WISP lesson ever

Today, I was prepared to go class and be bored to death but I was wrong. Today was one of the funniest WISP lesson ever.

Ms Ng, my WISP (World Issues: A Singapore Perspective) tutor told us that there would be games today and she went on to talk about some stuff which I can't remember already (evidence that it was boring).

She was giving her real life experience in China about 2 years back. She and some other diplomats decided to head to KFC for a meal. After ordering a huge tub of chickens, they realised that they don't provide chilli sauce. A Malaysian diplomat reached into her bag and bring out......sambal blachan!!!! Who in the right mind brings that in their handbag?

On the topic of social-cultural globalization, she asked us what is essential in a movie to make it a hit worldwide and that everyone around the world can understand. A student answered, "I know. SEX!" The whole class roared with laughter.